About Our Products
"SPIDER FISHING" ROD HOLDERS
Katydid Fishing Products LLC was started in 2009 when two guys realized there should be a better fishing rod holder than just cutting up a PVC pipe to make it into one.
UNIQUE IN MANY WAYS
- Our rod holders have been made in the USA since 2009 of High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) which is a polyethylene thermoplastic made from petroleum.
- HDPE has little branching, giving it stronger intermolecular forces and tensile strength than lower-density polyethylene. It is also harder and more opaque and can withstand temperatures as high as 248 degrees F and as low as -148 degrees F.
- HDPE is resistant to many different solvents and chemicals.
- HDPE is preferred to steel or PVC in a number of applications because it is more durable and more importantly it is much safer compared to steel or PVC. If products containing HDPE were to be involved in an explosion, HDPE tends to rip and tear instead of shattering into sharp pieces which can kill or maim. PVC and steel are particularly prone to this and their use is avoided where possible.
- Individually molded pieces increase the strength and durability vs. bases made of PVC and screwed or glued together.
- All non-corrosive stainless steel hardware, made in the USA, provided on all triple rod holders, thus eliminating the need for periodic replacement of hardware to avoid rust.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty - that the product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product to the original end user.
- T-Knobs make it much easier than wing nuts for tightening.
- They are available in multiple styles for various applications.
- Orders are shipped out within 2 days of receiving (unless otherwise notified).
NOTE: Returns must be made within 30 days of shipping out, for any reason other than the Limited Lifetime Warranty, and refunds will be determined upon receipt of returned item(s). Warranty issues will be handled separately. Contact us at email@example.com for further information or questions.